The origins of Cassa di Risparmio di Lucca, Cassa di Risparmio di Pisa and Cassa di Risparmi all date back to the first half of the 1800’s and the initiative of small local business owners, particularly traders and artisans. In the 1900?s the three Banks underwent their first phase of growth and development across the country, contributing to the transformation of the local economy.
After the 2nd World War, they contributed to the reconstruction of production sites and assisted in the development of the Tuscan economy. In the 1990’s, the three Banks formed holding company Casse del Tirreno until, in 1999, they joined the Banca Popolare di Lodi, which shortly after became Banca Popolare Italiana.
On 30 June 2006, the Cassa di Risparmio di Lucca Pisa Livorno was founded following the merger of the three banks, with the aim of further developing services for citizens, the production system and society in general in Tuscany and the areas in which it is present, an aim that the Bank has continued to successfully pursue in the Banco Popolare Group since July 2007.