The Bank’s origins date all the way back to 1826. It was originally a bureau de change at Milan Market. In later years, it specialised more in stockbroking at the Stock Exchange in Piazza Affari, Milan. Its activities in the financial sector continued until 1918, when Banca Aletti Tremolada was founded.
In the 1940’s and then in the 1970’s representatives of the Aletti family took over the chairmanship of the Milan Stock Exchange. Urbano Aletti contributed to the founding of Consob and proposed the bill to introduce the Unlisted Market. In 1979 he was appointed Chairman of the World Federation of Exchanges, and remains a life member.
In 1992, the professional studio became a joint stock company, Aletti & C. Sim. Banca Popolare di Verona also became a shareholder. In 1998 Banca d’Italia gave it the authorisation to offer banking services and it thus became Banca Aletti & Co – Banca di Investimento Mobiliare S.p.A. In 2000 Banca Popolare di Verona Group took control of Banca Aletti & C. A major nationwide expansion process and a broadening of the range of customer services offered soon followed.
Today Banca Aletti& C. is specialised in Private and Investment Banking activities for the Banco Popolare Group, born from the merger of the Banco Popolare di Verona e Novara Group and the Banca Popolare Italiana Group.